Monday, January 21, 2013

box tops

Everything these days comes with a label - whether it's a warning label, a department label, a copyright label, a trademark label, or simply a notification of the contents - everything's adorned with these shimmering, eye-catching labels. We live in a culture where a label is necessary.

I've learned a lot about labels, and subsequently, learned a lot by reading them. But I've also come to learn how unnecessary and frivolous they can be.

I'm in the midst of a beautiful time in my life. Yes, I can agree that it's going to be terrifying and hectic, but when I really take a minute to see all of the things that are circling around me, I see this perfect creation by the hand of God that has blessed my life with more than I really know what to do with. Pieces of puzzles that I thought were long gone in the depths of confusion and chaos have suddenly re-molded themselves to fit into this crazy life of mine, and are finally bringing some sense of wholeness to the big picture. It seems as though the older I get, the more sense the big picture makes; I often find myself asking, "In the course of a lifetime, what does it matter?" ..simply to get to the catalyst of my existence. I've grown confidence in the way the 'little things' just seem to come together to form this greater image of life that has been crafted by my Creator, and it brings me great joy to watch it be assembled right before my eyes.

And there he is, floating perfectly among the other cutouts of my life. Everything about him is easy. He is free of stress and concern. There's an untouchable realm of trust and confidence in what's here now, and what has yet to come our way that blankets me with comfort. I've never known anything to feel more right, to feel more real, to feel more home. It requires no label, it requires no explanation. It requires no warning, no trademark, no copyright, no description or ingredients. We just simply exist; we just are. That's what we're good at, and that's what I love. No label necessary.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment