Saturday, November 10, 2012

over the river and through the woods

My mind on a page (scrambled and scattered as it is):

1. There's somethin bout a truck. Really. I firmly believe that every guy in his early 20's should have to learn what it feels like to be a girl riding shotgun in a big truck - cute guy behind the wheel, fearless. There's nothing like it.

2. My friends are my world. Three years ago, I'd say I hadn't really built many permanent friendships at school. A year and a half ago, all of that changed. Today, I can say that I need at least both hands to count my closest friends. That is a privilege and a blessing that is so incredibly rare; I am blessed beyond measure with people that love me for me - people that I love so deeply in return.

3. Slow and steady might win the race, but even I don't fall for the cliche standards 100% of the time. I've come to learn that I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl. ..maybe more of a take-it-or-leave-it kind of girl. Either way, there's always an investment, no matter how hard I try to avoid it. There's always something to lose or gain, something to build on or undo, something to learn or ignore. Apathy has never been my style. Why start now? My heart might be fragile, but it's what keeps me going. Sometimes a little mystery is a good thing.

4. Lincoln County is beautiful.

5. My friends are crazy.

6. There's nothing I wouldn't do for Scott and Ty. "Best friends" doesn't even describe the kind of friendship that the three of us share. It's unheard of, often times misunderstood, but it's one of the most reliable, trusted things I've ever known in my life.

7. Flint is hilarious. We share the role of being the butt end of everybody's jokes, and sometimes each other's. We're cool friends.

8. Big D is Big D: a girl that's always herself no matter what the circumstances. She's got a take-me-or-leave-me attitude, too. ..and always gets the last word in.

9. Tyler told me that the pond is magical. He also told me he wouldn't lie to me.
I'd like to think that he's one of those what-you-see-is-what-you-get guys. I'd also like to think that (though I'm getting what I'm seeing), there's always more to unfold and discover. I like that.

10. But there's always reason to be cautious.

11. My life is cool, my friends are cooler, my memories are forever.

I love this. I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. ..and it's only the beginning.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment