Monday, October 17, 2011

first love

You know what they say. "The thing that you think about the most is your first true love."

Woah. Really?

I've spent so much of my life loving DUMB stuff. Really dumb stuff.

Last night, I was totally caught off guard when a friend looked at me with these solemn, serious eyes. He said,


"When I hear you speak, I can't help but know there's a God. Kelsi, you're so happy. When you smile, it's like, I just know your heart is full of so much love. It's like you're in a relationship with Jesus. Like a dating relationship where he's all you can think about. And it's just so awesome to watch."

I am so deeply falling in love with my Savior. I'm experiencing a love like I've never felt before and my heart beats intensely inside of my chest for how real that love is. I'm so alive on the inside.

I go to class and think about when I'll have quiet time to spend with Jesus. When can I dig into his word? When can I sing his praises? When can I find myself in quiet darkness and hear his voice? When can I be through with the distractions of classes and studying so I can focus solely on him?

I've always thought I'd "had it." "I 'get' this 'relationship with Jesus' stuff."
No. Not really. Not until recently have I realized the magnitude of the phrase "relationship with Christ." It's so weighted. It's so awesome. It's so fulfilling. It's so glorious.

I'm on fire for my God. I'm so in love.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment