As much as I can complain about how things "couldn't get any more difficult," I can look in hindsight at my whining and moaning and groaning and laugh at their insignificancies. Because really, I am so very blessed - and so many things are going my way.
I am blessed with a great (though, dysfunctional) family, beautiful friendships, an education, a warm place to sleep tonight (despite the noise), clothes on my back, food in my refrigerator (dining hall..), the gifts of sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch, health... the list just goes and goes and goes..
but more importantly - or I guess, more significantly?
I have pain. And I'm incredibly thankful for this pain.
Why?
Because without it, I would not rely on God. I would not have to trust God. I would not have to seek God.
And inevitably, without all of these things..I would not need God.
..and I so much do.
Taste and see that the Lord is good, and that all things fall into place for His glory, and His glory alone.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment