What an incredible spirit with which the past two weeks have been filled. Good Lord, I am grateful. I am humble. I am loved. And I love.
This season, I had such a heavy obligation to truly share my heart with the people that I hold near and dear to me. Nearly every Christmas card, every gift, every sentiment over a glass of wine or a cup of coffee was deeply intentional and transparent. I couldn't hold back the raw, all-consuming love and appreciation for my family and friends.
All too often, we are so worried about "how we might come off" or "how they might take that." We're obsessed with maintaining an air of "playing it cool" and "keeping it clean on the surface." No, thank you! I've had enough of that. I want to dig in deep to souls and make a connection to the hearts behind the faces that I love so much. I want my feelings for those that I love to be exposed and flaunted. Too many people will never hear the words of truth regarding their value to others because of cowardice, ignorance, or pride. It's just pathetic that our loudest boasts and accolades of our loved ones are spoken over an open casket and stale peppermints. I pray to God that my loved ones will be too busy sprinting to the feet of Jesus to hone in on their eulogy, so I might as well tell them I love them now while they care to listen.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment