Monday, October 21, 2013

gardener

"This is my prayer in the harvest, where favor and providence flow. I know I'm filled to be emptied again; this seed I've received, I will sow."

This is such a true testament of our lives.

God has just lavished his blessings upon me in the past three and a half months. My life is overflowing with good news and good fruit. I cannot contain the gratitude that I owe to my Father in heaven for his faithfulness and his unwavering goodness.
With every high high, though, comes a very sobering low - a time when I'm reminded that the course of my life is not dependent on the things that happen to me, my feelings about my everyday, or the routine that I continually press into my weeks. The course of my life is dependent upon God, the giver and taker of all things. I was reminded this week that although I have a sturdy man to lean on and an independence that is tougher than an ox, my heart is in the hands of God, still being shaped and molded into the woman that he has called me to be. As I lied flat on the floor in the arms of a man that loves me, tears streaming down my cheeks in defeat, I still longed for a long-ago fullness that I had lost touch with. God had equipped me for my mission - to settle neatly into my little classroom, to find the man of my dreams and the only love of my life, to once again pull myself up by the bootstraps and face my challenges head on. My fuel was there, my drive was there, and my heart and soul were in it. But suddenly, without warning, I was running on fumes with little to spare. Physically, mentally, and emotionally, I was spent.

I knew it was coming.

But I'm here today to tell you that there's nothing a lot of prayer, a lot of shed tears, a lot of sleep, and a lot of love can't fix. I was filled. I was emptied. I was SO emptied. And now I am filled again. Our God is a well that never runs dry. That in itself is something to be thankful for and to celebrate.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment